Please also see the US department of state medical examination FAQs.
DO I NEED TO TAKE AN APPOINTMENT
WHAT TO BRING
2. Original Valid Passport
3. Two coloured photocopies of the passport data page.
4. For eMedical cases one recent passport size photograph with white background. For paper medical 6 recent passport size photographs with white background are required.
5. DS form 260 bearing your Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) barcode and the interview letter. 260 form can be completed by clicking here.
6. Any previous medical/surgical notes and prescription for medications (if any)
8. You may complete the medical history form and submit it online or bring a print out on the day of the appointment. This will save you time and inconvenience. Click here to fill the form.
9. Fee for medical examination in Pak Rupees or in US dollars.
COVID 19 VACCINE REQUIRMENT
10. Applicants having their medicals on or after 1st Oct. 2021 shall be required to have completed the series of COVID 19 vaccination. The administered vaccine should be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the US Food and Drug Administration must have licensed or authorized that particular vaccine.
11. Copy of appointment confirmation email.
Please be advised that the medical examination shall not be processed unless the applicant provides valid immunization certificate on the day of the appointment.
Children or young adults not yet advised immunization by NCOC are exempt from this requirement. Applicants for whom the vaccine is contradicted should provide with all medical reports supporting the contraindication for their condition.
To download your COVID19 immunization certificate please visit: https://ncoc.gov.pk/covid-vaccination-en.php
*Please check with medical center about the availability of the polio vaccine.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
WHEN DO I GET THE REPORT
EMedcial requires that all the medical reports are submitted electronically through the eMedical portal. Applicants’ shall however will be provided with a copy of vaccination sheet and a chest X-ray CD, that they will have to hand carry to the port of entry of the United States of America. Copy of the vaccination record and the chest X-ray CD can only be provided after 3 working days. You may collect these items after your interview at the US consular section.
Medical examination report is highly confidential and no other reports can be released to the applicant as per the policy of the US department of state and the Center for Disease Control USA.
You may request to courier the vaccination sheet and the Chest X-ray CD to the address provided by you at the time of the examination. This will incur additional cost for the courier service charges.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE APPLICANTS
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION CANNOT BE CARRIED OUT UNLESS YOUR INTERVIEW HAS BEEN SCHEDULED BY THE US EMBASSY CONSULAR SECTION.
You are advised not to book an appointment for the medical examination earlier than three weeks from the date of interview due to 6 months of validity for the normal medical examinations and 3 months validity in the examinations with abnormal chest x ray.
If your medical examination is normal and no further investigation is warranted then the report will be submitted electronically in 3-4 working days.
If you are coming from a different city your vaccination sheet and the chest x ray CD can be delivered at the address provided by you through a courier service. You are liable to pay for the courier charges.
- Any intentional attempt to hide medical or physical condition shall be informed to the embassy.
- If you are pregnant please inform the staff at the registration desk so that vaccines which are contraindicated are not given to you. These vaccines may be harmful to your baby.
- Complete physical examination is required by the CDC and whole body shall be examined. Please take in account hygiene and cleanliness.
- If you or your child has high grade fever or severely ill please re-schedule your appointment and only come for medical examination when you or your child has recovered completely.
- Please bring your vision glasses or contact lenses at the time of medical examination. Please also bring your previous prescriptions of medications or surgical notes if any.
- Applicants are required to provide complete postal address in Pakistan and complete address with zip code of the United States where they intend to stay.
- Children between 2-14 years of age shall be screened for TB by cell-mediated immune response test (QFT PLUS OR TB SPOT). The QFT-Plus assay requires blood to be collected in specialized tubes. The medical report will not be completed unless blood specimen is obtained and the required test is performed at Aziz Medical Center.
- You are advised to wear loose and easy to wear clothing on the day of the examination.
For Pregnant Females:
Applicants who are pregnant will have to undergo chest x ray carried out irrespective of the term of pregnancy. The x rays are done under double lead guard cover to protect the foetus from any danger of being exposed to radiation. Please note that your medical report cannot complete with out chest x ray. These are the guidelines laid out by the CDC.
- Passports having less than 3 months of validity are not acceptable as per instructions form the US embassy consular section.
WHY I HAVE BEEN ADVISED SPUTUM TEST?
Under normal circumstances at any other doctor’s office, the x ray findings may not require sputum examination but host country’s guidelines are very clear to have this gold standard test done in all those cases where the chest x-ray is suggestive of any abnormality. This test rules out any active TB in the applicants before they travel to the intended country. The medical center cannot waive off this test for any reason and applicants are requested not to argue with the staff of the medical center in this regard.